How can I start using Appletree

Our services are commissioned through local authority social care departments and care commissioning groups, as well as from private individuals. Referrals are often from a child or young person’s social worker or community nurse.

If you wish to make a private referral or you are in receipt of Direct Payment or personal budget and you wish to make a self-referral you can make a referral here:

Referral Form

Referral Form
Click to select


The Referral Process


If you are being referred to our services though your social worker or health care professional – they will make the decision based on their assessment of need as to how many hours you child / young person will be entitled to use from our services.

If you are purchasing our services privately we can provide up to 24 hours per day care and support, with a team of workers centered around your needs.

  • .


The Local Offer

What is the Local offer?:

The Local Offer is a Directory of services for children and young people with special educational needs and disability. It covers areas such as education and childcare, respite and support, equipment and therapies, health, preparation for adulthood and play and leisure.

Appletree are part of the local offer for Hampshire and for Portsmouth City Council.


Referring to the community buddy scheme :

If you live in or are educated in Hampshire you can also self refer to our buddy scheme using the form above or give us a call for an informal chat about your needs.

Appletree Support’s Promise

Promoting Independence and Choice we pride ourselves on offering care and support to disabled children and young people from dedicated and highly motivated PA and Care Team.

“The Buddy scheme has been excellent for my son, offering a person he could talk to, joke with and have as a friend when friendship is not something he usually has”

Mr J Portsmouth